Wednesday 8 May 2013

Captain Peapod's Log

Captain Peapod's Log is designed for me to simply jot down a few facts, the plan is to record stuff regularly to keep track of what I've been up to. Just for my own records and so I don't have all those, have I seen that/read that moments :)


Back on the bookshelf:
Prisoner of Heaven - Carlos Ruis Zafon
Loved this one, a real page turner with great characters. Finished it in about 3 days flat.

Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures - Emma Straub
Less of a page turner than the one above (tiny print) but an interesting portrait of the rise and fall of a Hollywood movie star. Not as gripping as I would have liked, I read it after I heard it reviewed on the Radio 2 Arts Show - I find picking up recommendations from there always produces mixed results.

On the TV:
Not much really :(
Really missing Great British Sewing Bee

Film night:
Friends with Kids - a total risk of a film which turned out to be very entertaining indeed. Made a change from the teen movies I seem to have picked in recent weeks!

On the needles:
Socks - two pairs, muchos excitement as loving these!

In the sewing basket:

Jo's wedding quilt, steady as she goes. About 50 squares done. 800 odd more to go!

And the scariest category of all ....

Gym bunny session:
Tuesday - power walk lap of the racecourse
Wednesday - lunchtime swim

Will update this last one as the week progresses!

Toodle pip
J
x

No comments:

Post a Comment