Friday 5 June 2009

Stop that door!

Craft update time. I don't have much to report at the moment. Progress is being made on a few things but they are either far from complete or need to remain under wraps as they are surprises for the Reu's first birthday next month(muchos excitement at casa peapod!).

One project I can report on is this that I recently made as a house warming gift for one of my sisters...

Door stop

It looks super neat because it is made from a ClothKit thingy which gives a very professional finish - makes a change from my usual wobbly efforts. I was sent the kit as a gift when I took out a subscription to Sew Hip Magazine. I've dabbled in sewing magazines on and off for a while now, especially if they have a pull out pattern! Other titles I've tried have always seemed to be pitched at the more mature seamstress - complete with features like how to adapt a blouse pattern for when you get all crooked and your shoulders get all hunched over! There is a cheery thought huh?! Sew Hip has a young and fresh feel and I'm already a big fan. Seems like I'm not the only one, some back issues have been going on Ebay recently for as much as £15!

Toodle pip
J
x

1 comment: